Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Memories at Bob's Pastry Shop

When I think of Bob's, "Suggestion" (Bob's famous burger with side dish of chicken macaroni salad and a glass of soda or iced tea) and Sate Babe comes to my mind.

I'm boring.  I always eat the same order everytime at the restaurant.

Then LU received 2 boxes of Bob's Pastry Shop piaya as a gift. Piaya is flour flakes with mascovado filling and a local Bacolod delicacy. It was so yummy that we both finished the boxes that midnight.

I was surprised because I got overdosed with piaya growing up that I dont eat them anymore.  But the piaya from Bob's Pastry Shop was so thin and was not too sweet.  I couldnt help myself.  I vowed that I will get more when I get back to Bacolod.

I was always in a hurry during my business Bacolod trips that I wasnt able able to drop by at Bob's.

Then recently I was forced to take an earlier fastcraft trip without my coffee dose and breakfast.  The only thought in my mind was breakfast at Bob's.

While ordering my 5 boxes of piaya and brewed coffee, I saw their staff heating some buttered bread.  It looked so enticing that I also placed my order for these.  It was called Pan de Suelo and they just charge extra for the butter.

Waiting for my order, I was observing their patrons.  One was even dipping her biscotti on the coffee.  Surrounded with good food, childhood memories at Bob's came rushing in. 

I was surprised when I received my Pan de Suelo order.  The butter had herbs and spices.  I'm hooked!  

It was another happy moment at Bob's.

Branches that I frequently visit:

SM City, Bacolod City

Across Riverside Medical Center, Bacolod City

No comments:

Post a Comment