Tuesday, April 30, 2013

View from My Window: Siete Pecados (Islets of Seven Sins)

When travelling, I can’t help but be enamored by the views from my window.  Regardless if it’s a plane, boat, bus or car ride.  It ranges from islands with glistening white beach, rolling fields of rice and sugar cane or picturesque mountains.

As a child, I would always clamor for the best seat - a window seat.  This didn’t change until now.  If it’s my first time to visit the place, I always request for the window seat.

But lately when I get to my seat, I fall asleep forgetting to savor the view.

Then recently after settling on my seat and the fastcraft on the move, I looked at the window.  I saw these islets - Siete Pecados (Islets of Seven Sins). 

Childhood memories came rushing in.  I remembered those times when it would take 2 hours with a big boat to cross between Bacolod and Iloilo.  I would then come rushing to the balcony and enjoy the view under the heat of the sun with the salty air breeze. 

Then it hit me.  I should share this moment - the view from my window.


View from my window:  Siete Pecados (Islets of Seven Sins), Guimaras
These islets are between Guimaras and Iloilo. 
Fastcrafts from Iloilo bound for Bacolod or vice versa would pass these islets.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the view.. usually I can't sleep during travel coz I am always just looking outside the window. My husband is always sleeping hehe. In a way it's good for him because he is always refreshed after his nap and I usually feel really messed up after travel coz of lack of sleep, but I can say that I enjoyed the view! =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually fall asleep when its a business trip - exhausted with the pressure. Hehe. But if its a personal trip, I couldnt sleep since I'm anticipating the fun I will have exploring the place.

    Thanks for dropping by and for taking the extra effort to email me a feedback regarding comment settings. :)

    ReplyDelete